越证明,越被动

观山海
楼主 (北美华人网)
《肖申克的救赎》有一个片段。。。
Red每次假释的时候,面对核审人员,都是小心翼翼,规规矩矩,每次都努力的证明自己,而结果都是驳回。
直到最后一次,对自由不再像当初那么渴望,取而代之是开始分享内心最真实的想法:
Please sit down. 
请坐 
Ellis Boyd Redding 
阿里斯·瑞丁 
your files say you've served 40 years of a life sentence. 
你判无期徒刑 已关40年 
You feel you've been rehabilitated? 
你改过自新了吗? 
Rehabilitated? 
改过自新? 
Well, now, let me see. 
要让我说 
I don't have any idea what that means. 
我根本不懂那是什么
It means you're ready to rejoin society 
就是重返社会
观山海
I know what you think it means, sonny. 
这我懂 年轻人 
To me it's just a made-up word. 
它对我只是虚词儿 
A politician's word so that 
政客发明的词儿 
young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie 
使你们穿西装打领带的 
and have a job. 
有活干 
What do you really want to know? 
你到底想了解什么? 
Am I sorry for what I did? 
我后悔犯罪吗? 
Well, are you? 
你后悔吗?
There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. 
我没有一天不后悔 
Not because I'm in here or because you think I should. 
但并非受惩罚才后悔
观山海
I look back on the way I was then 
我回首前尘往事 
a young 
那个 
stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. 
犯下重罪的小笨蛋 
I want to talk to him. 
我想跟他沟通 
I want to try and talk some sense to him. 
我试图讲道理 
Tell him the way things are. 
让他明了 But I can't. 
但我办不到 
That kid's long gone 
那个少年早就不见了 
and this old man is all that's left. 
只剩下我垂老之躯 
I got to live with that. 
我得接受事实 Rehabilitated? 
改过自新? 
It's just a bullshit word. 
狗屁不通的词 
So you go on and stamp your forms,sonny, and stop wasting my time. 
你盖章吧 别浪费我的时间 
Because to tell you the truth 
告诉你一句实话 
I don't give a shit. 
我他妈的不在乎
观山海
当你去证明自己的时候,就已经将自己放在了一个低于某一方的处境。证明本身就是一种特殊的讨好。
想要证明一件事,需要从头到尾毫无遗漏;但是,想要反证一件事,只需要一个理由就够了。
观山海
慢慢你就会发现,不去讨好,不去证明,是一件很酷的事情