《水调歌头·明月几时有》 Prelude to Water Melody:When was the bright moon made
作者:苏轼 (宋代) Poet: Su Shi (Song Dynasty)
英文翻译:忒绿
丙辰中秋,欢饮达旦,大醉,作此篇,兼怀子由。 Mid-autumn of Year Bing-Chen (1706), merrily drinking overnight, very drunk, wrote this poem, thinking of brother Zi-You as well.
明月几时有?把酒问青天。 When was the bright moon made? Pray with a wine for God’s answer.
不知天上宫阙,今夕是何年。 What year it is in heaven for tonight, as well I wonder.
我欲乘风归去,又恐琼楼玉宇,高处不胜寒。 Wish to be up there by riding wind, yet worry about such huge spacious palaces, they could be too high and chillier.
起舞弄清影,何似在人间。 Dance and play with my shadow upon on the earth, over staying here below nowhere’s so better.
转朱阁, 低绮户,照无眠。 Wheeling around the red mansion, hangs over my window, at the sleepless night she'll linger.
不应有恨,何事长向别时圆? Certainly you bear no malice, why are you so round at the time of our beloved ones apart we suffer?
人有悲欢离合,月有阴晴圆缺,此事古难全。 A life has joys and sorrows, partings and reunions , as the moon has times dimming and shining, waxing and waning, things are hardly up to expectations as ever
但愿人长久,千里共婵娟。 Wish all us long lives in the world, and share the moon’s beauty anywhere and together.
《水调歌头·明月几时有》
Prelude to Water Melody:When was the bright moon made
作者:苏轼 (宋代)
Poet: Su Shi (Song Dynasty)
英文翻译:忒绿
丙辰中秋,欢饮达旦,大醉,作此篇,兼怀子由。
Mid-autumn of Year Bing-Chen (1706), merrily drinking overnight, very drunk, wrote this poem, thinking of brother Zi-You as well.
明月几时有?把酒问青天。
When was the bright moon made? Pray with a wine for God’s answer.
不知天上宫阙,今夕是何年。
What year it is in heaven for tonight, as well I wonder.
我欲乘风归去,又恐琼楼玉宇,高处不胜寒。
Wish to be up there by riding wind, yet worry about such huge spacious palaces, they could be too high and chillier.
起舞弄清影,何似在人间。
Dance and play with my shadow upon on the earth, over staying here below nowhere’s so better.
转朱阁, 低绮户,照无眠。
Wheeling around the red mansion, hangs over my window, at the sleepless night she'll linger.
不应有恨,何事长向别时圆?
Certainly you bear no malice, why are you so round at the time of our beloved ones apart we suffer?
人有悲欢离合,月有阴晴圆缺,此事古难全。
A life has joys and sorrows, partings and reunions , as the moon has times dimming and shining, waxing and waning, things are hardly up to expectations as ever
但愿人长久,千里共婵娟。
Wish all us long lives in the world, and share the moon’s beauty anywhere and together.
婵娟变moon立刻乏味了
When was the bright moon made?
One suggestion: When would there be a bright moon?
第一句考虑了许久,到底是啥意思?也想过你的这个理解。前两句结合起来理解,好像不是简单地问明月什么时候有,或者月亮什么时候明/圆,因为都知道是在月中月亮变圆,最明亮;如果是这样,就不用把酒问上帝/老天爷了。所以,我的理解是,作者问的是更深刻的问题,在思考月亮与地球一样,是什么时候才有的/出现在这个宇宙中的呢?这个问题无人解答,只好向青天询问答案了,并且斟酒相敬:“青天啊,能告诉我吗?还有是你做的吗?” 所以最后定了这个版本。
谢谢虫虫的用心思考,这是我需要的。亲们多挑毛病是我最喜欢的哟!
网上的一些版本不尽如人意。所以就想何不自己试一试呢。多多批评是盼。多积累经验,共同努力,翻译得更好,让这些美丽的古诗词给更多的人带来精神享受,并焕发出新的光彩。