there is a subtle difference between "I could not stop for death" and "I could not stop death." ED wrote the former, not the later. The later means I could not stop death from coming, or, I could not stop my approaching death; they mean similar things.
a beautiful thing about reading a poem is you can have
your own construction without having to know what was in the poet's mind, which is often unkowable. Most readers believe He refers to Death;He stop the carriage to pick up the poet. I can sense some logic gap there.
因为我无法为死亡止步
Because I could not stop for Death
狄艾
Emily Dickinson
因为我无法为死亡止步——
Because I could not stop for Death –
他体贴地为我停在那里——
He kindly stopped for me –
马车里坐着的只有我俩——
The Carriage held but just Ourselves –
还有不朽的生机。
And Immortality.
我们缓慢前进——他不着急
We slowly drove – He knew no haste
而我也已放弃了
And I had put away
我的作息,
My labor and my leisure too,
为了不对他失礼——
For His Civility –
我们路过学堂,学童在努力
We passed the School, where Children strove
课间休息——在圆形表演场里——
At Recess – in the Ring –
我们路过田野,那里长满注视着我们的谷粒——
We passed the Fields of Gazing Grain –
我们看到太阳从地平线消失——
We passed the Setting Sun –
或者——他从我们旁边走过——
Or rather – He passed Us –
凝露激起寒颤——
The Dews drew quivering and Chill –
因为他衣装单薄,只穿着我的丝袍——
For only Gossamer, my Gown –
披着我的薄纱披肩——
My Tippet – only Tulle –
我们在一栋房前暂停,那房子看来像
We paused before a House that seemed
一堆发胀的泥土——
A Swelling of the Ground –
屋顶几不可见——
The Roof was scarcely visible –
檐饰已然入土——
The Cornice – in the Ground –
从那时——数百年以前——但
Since then – 'tis Centuries – and yet
只觉不过一朝一夕
Feels shorter than the Day
我始信,群马的头部
I first surmised the Horses' Heads
都朝向无极——
Were toward Eternity –
Kirn, let's work together and do justice to ED's masterpiece and the limitless potentials of both languages.
俺对现代文纹饰功力绝对不行。我高考语文差点不及格,文法全都不通
1. the gathering or the time of the harvest
2. the last handful or sheaf reaped at the harvest
你不能二,只能一。
1. a harvest celebration; a feast or party celebrating a successful harvest 2. the harvesting of the last handful of corn, noting either the end of the harvest season or the winning of a race against other reapers
我从来不准备翻译现代文诗歌,违背我的信条
这点宝贵时间,我还不如自己泡菜呢
因为我不能停止走向死亡
Because I could not stop for Death –
因为我不能停止走向死亡—
He kindly stopped for me –
他亲切地为我停留——
The Carriage held but just Ourselves –
这辆马车可容纳的只有我们自己——
And Immortality.
还有永生。
(The first stanza)
you may want to check out https://www.litcharts.com/poetry/emily-dickinson/because-i-could-not-stop-for-death and https://www.encyclopedia.com/arts/educational-magazines/because-i-could-not-stop-death
there is a subtle difference between "I could not stop for death" and "I could not stop death." ED wrote the former, not the later. The later means I could not stop death from coming, or, I could not stop my approaching death; they mean similar things.
your own construction without having to know what was in the poet's mind, which is often unkowable. Most readers believe He refers to Death;He stop the carriage to pick up the poet. I can sense some logic gap there.
Only future can head toward the eternity
in addition, death can't stop for anyone who is alive
you do not have to change your mind if you are not a student having to take exams.